Tuesday, September 6, 2016

fall ready: grey denim #inspo

#OOTD || fall ready: grey

The best jean, IMO, to transition into fall with is the grey jean.  Light washes are a bit too summery and dark jeans are a bit too, well, dark (for now).  I'm obsessed with these Mother Insider Crop Step Fray jeans.  I love the uneven hem, but unfortunately since I'm so petite they are way too long on me.  Boo.  I need to campaign to Mother to make petite sizes.  (I actually ordered these Hijacking the Runway ones since it's still quite summery here, but grey jeans are next on my list.)  So instead I'm eyeing these J Brand Maria High Rise Skinny Jeans since I have them in white and they are amazing.

September is all about layering.  Days are still warm, but the mornings are starting to get cooler.  At the beginning of September you can still get away with wearing sandals and light layering.  Now is the perfect time to pick up those summer sandals on sale.  The key is to go with something black and/or leather (these Raye Naomi Sandals are now under $100) or, my favourite, suede (they had a grey pair that I'm bummed I didn't buy).  I paired the Mother Insider Crop Step jeans with a lace cami over white tee combo which, as I mentioned in my last post, is one combo I will be wearing on repeat this fall.  I went with flat sandals to keep the look more casual, but a great pair of heels will work for going out.  And if you need another layer, this ZARA Floral Embroidered Bomber Jacket is, well, the bomb (sorry).

The second outfit is more for the end of September / early October when it starts getting cold.  This Sea Lace Back Plaid Cotton Top is now 40% off and plaid is always a must-have for fall.  It's a piece you can wear now on its own and then later paired with a chunky cardigan.  This Free People Major Cardi should keep you cozy well into October.  (I personally like to hold off on wearing a coat as long as possible.)  I paired the J Brand Maria High Rise Skinny Jeans with white sneakers since that's pretty much all I wear now as a SAHM.

You can shop the pieces by clicking on the items below.
Happy shopping!
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment