Friday, August 5, 2016

retro love suede

Theory Leenda B Sweater (budget-friendlier one here)}

{Jeffrey Campbell Cors Suede Peep Toe Bootie (comes in 7 colours!)}

Happy Friday!  I just came on the blog and saw my Instagram previews are not showing and it says 'Internal Server Error' instead.  Ha.  Immediately thought of Mr. Robot.  That show is SO good, I'm obsessed.  I'm also obsessing over today's #OOTD, especially this Free People suede dress.  I know, another Free People item, but I swear I did not know it was a Free People dress when I first came across it.  It was love at first sight.  I just love the colour.  And I love how Shopbop styled it with a sweater underneath.  I get inspiration for outfits from a lot of places, but when I don't know quite how to style a particular item, or I want to style it in different ways, I just Google the item and it usually comes up in different places (i.e., this dress is being sold at Free People, Shopbop and Revolve) and each site styles it in their own way.  Free People is the best site for outfit inspo.  I love their lookbooks, but I especially love their FP Me section where you can see the item styled by regular people, not just the top 1% of the top 1% (bloggers).  (Sorry, Mr. Robot is taking over my life.)  Until it cools down here I would wear this dress on its own with my favourite Jeffrey Campbell suede booties.  I would go with either the taupe, shown above, or black.  I have the pink ones, but they would be too matchy-matchy.  Over-the-knee boots would look great in the fall.  Add a cardigan and voila.  How would you style this dress?

Happy shopping!
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment