Monday, August 1, 2016

free people edit

free people edit

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  Last week was my sister's last week in Myrtle Beach, which is why I never got around to doing my #OOTD post on Friday.  To make up for it, I decided to do a Free People edit of the clothes I've been coveting for this month/September.

Ok, I know I said this dress was too long on me and I sold mine on Poshmark, but it now comes in red (among other colours) and is SO gorgeous!  It's going to be hard to resist.

I'm not big on jewellery, but I've been wearing a lot of chokers and bolo necklaces. 

I prefer a flared leg but I usually have to get them hemmed, which is a bit of a pain, so I buy a lot of skinny jeans because I can fold them up.  My favourite look for fall is easily skinny jeans tucked into over-the-knee boots (love these and these).  I'm eyeing these Levi's skinny jeans because of the high waist.  Plus, they're under $100.

A bodysuit is a must-have.  Ideally one in white and/or black.  But I do really love this green one.  Off-the-shoulder or tee style.  There's no bunching to worry about when tucked into skirts or jeans, and they're great for layering under a cardigan or slip dress.  Again, no bunching to worry about. 

I think everyone should have a military jacket in their closet.  I love pairing them with something more feminine.  Other must-have jackets for fall: a denim jacket, a moto jacket, and a (faux) leather jacket

Another must-have IMO: a maxi dress.  This one comes in white or black.  I'm also obsessing over this one.

I'm looking for the perfect slip dress to replace my Aritzia slip dress (which I'm selling on Poshmark!).  I love a slip dress paired with a cardigan (as seen on my blog here and here), but I want to have the option of wearing a tee underneath and unfortunately my dress is too tight (on me) to do so.  This Free People slip looks perfect for that, but my size is out of stock (boo).  I love the lace details and it looks SO comfy.

Moonlight Garden Pants
 As soon as I saw these pants, I fell in love.  I love the colour, floral print and style.  Living in the South, they're the perfect type of pant - lightweight and flowy.

Striped Modern Muse Blouse
 Oversized and effortless?  Sold.

As much as I'm obsessing over the new colours of the Perfectly Victorian Mini, I'm leaning toward this tunic.  A tunic works best on me because it's the perfect length to wear as a dress.  Plus, this tunic can be worn so many different ways: as is, tucked into boyfriend jeans, worn over skinny jeans, or paired with a flowy blouse underneath.  For $88, it's a steal.  It also comes in three colours.  

Click on the items below to shop these or similar items.
Happy shopping!
Mx


No comments:

Post a Comment