Thursday, August 11, 2016

fall fashion edit

fall fashion edit

Fall fashion.  Sigh.  My favourite time of the year, but yet it doesn't cool down in the South until late in the year (maybe get lucky with some cool days in October).  I definitely don't miss snow, not even a little bit, but I did wish it cooled down here a bit sooner.  (I am planning on heading to NYC in October so I'll be super excited to shop for that!)  My hubby has been in Chicago this week and I've been getting my son ready for Grade 2 since they start early here (next week!), which is why there have been little outfit posts lately.  Plus, I'm in limbo between shopping for summer clothes, most of which are on sale so it's super tempting, or waiting to shop for fall clothes because it's my favourite season and I'm like a kid in a candy store when it comes to fall shopping.  So I thought I'd share the pieces I've been eyeing for fall, for those lucky enough to start shopping now!

Fall Shoes
When it comes to fall shopping, I always start by updating my shoe/boot collection.  These ZARA Leather Slides with Bow are the perfect transition shoe and SO cute!  Since I can get away with sandals for a while I'm leaning toward these Derek Lam 10 Crosby Ann Slides, but they feel fall-ish because they're suede.  They'd go great with anything from cutoffs to maxi dresses.  I've always wanted a pair of Rag & Bone 'Harrow' Booties and I love the fringe detail on these.  I always update my sneakers because I live in them in the fall.  I love the colour of these Superga Suede Sneakers, but I'm obsessing over these KENZO Leather Platform Sneakers!  They're at the top of my list since I can actually start wearing them now.  I love the black and white contrast...

Fall (Off-the-Shoulder) Tops
...which leads me to this striped tee, which I think is a must-have for fall.  I also think a plaid or check piece is a must-have for fall.  I'm still loving anything off-the-shoulder and because these tops have long-sleeves, they can be worn now on those cooler evenings and later.

Fall Jackets
I usually add a fall jacket to my collection.  I recommend that if you already own a black jacket for fall, buy one in another colour.  It's taken me years, but I pretty much have the basic jackets covered: bomber, plaid, denim, military... So when I look for a jacket, I look for something unique.  I'm obsessing over this pink ZARA Faux Leather Jacket!  Since I already have a black bomber jacket, I'm eyeing this Siwy Turner Bomber Jacket, which would look great with these Free People Abbey Road Sunglasses (in olive).

Leopard
I love leopard print anything for fall.  It's a classic and really goes with anything.  I love this Free People Mini Dress, but a touch also goes a long way with leopard.  This ASOS Oversized Lightweight Scarf in Leopard Print would be the perfect touch to any fall outfit.

Denim
Last but certainly not least: denim.  I usually live in the same 2-3 pairs of jeans all fall/winter so usually one of those pairs need updating.  I already have light grey jeans so I'm eyeing these darker grey FRAME Le High Skinny Jeans.  (If you're looking for black skinny jeans, I lived in these FRAME ones last fall and I promise you they're SO comfortable.  Tip: I sized down one size.)  I'm also loving the colour of these M.i.h. Jeans Lou Cropped Flare Jeans.  (The summer ones are currently 30% off here!)  Since I'm petite, they'll most likely be regular flare jeans on me, which isn't necessarily a bad thing because then I won't need to buy regular ones and hem them.

Happy shopping!
Mx


12 comments:

  1. Loving the choice of jeans! Great post.

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection. Even though I don't want to think about fall yet, haha.

    Kisses from Berlin
    Valentina | DAILY SUIT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post! I'm so excited for Autumn. The off the shoulder striped top is so pretty xx

    http://www.jessbethan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection ! The pink leather jacket look so gorgeous !

    xoxo,
    http://www.kadi-lv.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Great picks dear...
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    IG @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! It's already cooling down here in DC. Love that pink moto jacket, so girly yet so edgy! Perfect balance.
    Cheers
    Diana
    www.seaofblush.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love leopard prints! I can't wait for colder days to wear my leopard print faux fur coat :)
    XO
    https://vogue-ish.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome choices and I have to agree that this time of year is the best for fashion!

    The Leach Life | theleachlife.com

    ReplyDelete