Monday, June 13, 2016

for love of lace & denim cutoffs



{For Love & Lemons Isabella Top (also here and here in dark grey, dress version here, red long sleeve dress version here, maxi dress version here);
One Teaspoon Wilde Bandits (also here, love these, bought these heart print ones);
Schutz Erlina Sandal (also here in black);

If I had to pick a top in my closet, I think it's safe to say this For Love & Lemons top is my favourite.  Now there are many tops in my closet that come pretty close to being my favourite, but this top is SO unique and beautiful.  The lace detail, the bell sleeves, the fact that you can tie a little bow at the top (I prefer to leave it open), the floral embroidery, the colours... Even though pink is my favourite colour, red is a close second (although there are touches of pink in this top).  I also love that you can wear this top several different ways.  I last paired it with a denim skirt here.  You can keep it dressy with a skirt or dress pants, or wear it casually with a pair of jeans or even distressed cutoffs, which is probably my favourite pairing.  I love how delicate the top and sandals are, but then these One Teaspoon cutoffs give the outfit an edge.

Tomorrow's my birthday.  I mentioned last week that I was going to post a preview of my birthday outfit on Instagram Sunday night, but with what happened in Orlando early in the morning, I couldn't bring myself to post anything.  It's heartbreaking.  My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims.
Mx

2 comments: