Wednesday, March 16, 2016

weekend getaway / travel essentials


March Break is coming up and we're heading to Disney World!  My cousin is coming down with her family and they've never been so it's going to be extra special.  I hear that Panama City Beach and Cancun are some other hot destinations this year!  Planning a trip?  I've teamed up with HomeAway to provide you with my top 5 travel essentials for a weekend getaway:

1) A hat. Sunscreen is most important for a day at the beach or sightseeing, but I think a hat is great added protection.  Plus, they're so cute!  I love the ones with sayings on them, like the Eugenia Kim and Kate Spade ones below.
2) A bathing suit.  I prefer a one-piece.  You can go sexy (with cutouts) or sweet (with a bow).
3) Round towels are a big trend now.  They give you more room than the standard towel.
4) Wedge sandals.  Havaianas are a must-have for the beach, but I like to bring a pair of wedge sandals since they're more comfortable than a heel.  I usually can walk all day in a wedge sandal.  I like to pack light so I pick a pair that'll go with all of my outfits.  These Schutz lace up ones will do just that.  Or go bold with colour with these Stuart Weitzman ones (they also come in black).
5) A dress for a night out.  I prefer a maxi dress, something flowy and comfortable (and ideally off-the-shoulder!).

Happy shopping and happy travels!
Mx

Thank you to HomeAway for partnering on this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment