Thursday, January 14, 2016

pink & palm tree shadows





{sweater: GAP (bought at outlet, similar here and here); 
Lovers + Friends x REVOLVE Merci Coat (avail in grey and black, love this pink coat);
jeans: FRAME (also here); necklace: Coach (old); 
shoes: MICHAEL Michael Kors (similar here); sunglasses: Prada}

I've probably said it 100x on my blog - I love pink (see my recent post here!).  I've been eyeing a Free People v-neck sweater for a while (as shown in this post from the fall - a post about, you guessed it, pink!), but I'm really trying to cut back on my shopping (especially of sweaters since I bought quite a few over the holidays), at least for the next couple of months.  We're going away in March so I'm challenging myself to not shop until then (good luck to me!).  But I couldn't stop thinking of the sweater because I surprisingly don't own a light pink sweater and I kept thinking about how great it would look with this coat.  I love a monochrome look.  So when I came across this sweater at the GAP outlet (I was shopping for the kids!), I couldn't pass it up for the price (I think it was well under $20).  Sure enough I loved it paired with my pink coat, but I paired them with black to tone all the pink down.  Pink doesn't have to be over-the-top girly.  (Although I'm not one to turn down a frilly pink dress either.)

1 comment:

  1. Love all of this pink.

    www.thefancyfashioncastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete