Thursday, August 13, 2015

trouser shorts, comfy wedges and a $12 tee



{Madewell Sun-Up Tee in Stripe; Blank Denim Trouser Shorts*; bracelet: BCBG; ring: Free People;

I paid about $12 for this tee and it actually made me excited about the fact that I can now buy things on sale and still wear them a decent amount the same year.  I have never (since college when I was the I-bought-this-for-$10 queen) been a big sales person because by the time things go on sale, say end of summer, there's no point IMO in buying them because 1) it's starting to get cool in Canada mid-September so I'd maybe get to wear said sale item once and 2) fall clothes are my favourite so once those pieces start showing up on my favourite sites or in stores, forget it.  But now living in Myrtle Beach, there's no point in starting to buy fall stuff because it won't get cool here I'm told until about October or even November.  (OK, I may have bought a fall Free People dress because there was only one left in my size!)  So today I actually only looked for sale items, which is a strange feeling because I would never even think about buying a pair of shorts or crop top (scored this one!) this time of year in Canada.  But I will say, I will be jealous of all the Instagram shots of my fav NYC bloggers in sweaters, but at the same time, I will be buying those pieces on sale when it's time for me to start wearing them.

*Get 3% cash back using Ebates!

No comments:

Post a Comment