Sunday, January 12, 2014

muumuu




{dress: Marc by Marc Jacobs (similar, also love this yellow one and this leopard print one); 
sweater: Madewell (similar); beanie: J.Crew (in-store); boots: MICHAEL Michael Kors (similar); 
bracelet: BCBG; sunglasses: Prada; lips: Smashbox 'Fuchsia Flash'}

I was looking for something cozy and casual to wear over the weekend and stumbled across this striped Marc by Marc Jacobs dress in my closet that I purchased last winter.  I believe it was last winter.  Then I got upset at myself for forgetting about this dress because I've only worn it once and it's an amazing dress to wear over the weekend because it's cool and casual.  But I'm petite and this dress is an XS/S and usually when that's the case, the dress (or whatever item) is a bit too big for my petite frame (normally I'm an XS).  But I actually really love that about this dress.  Sure, if I follow the rules, I should belt this dress, but what I love about Marc Jacobs is his quirky style and so I said 'forget the rules' and wore this dress without a belt - muumuu style.  It may not be figure flattering (without a belt), but it's the weekend and I like to pig out.  Plus, it's just fun to break the rules sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment