Monday, May 13, 2013

check please





My sweet son picked these flowers for me...

{Elsie Sweater Dress, sunglasses (old), bracelet: Marc by Marc Jacobs; 
booties: Topshop; jacket, ring: H&M; lips: Smashbox 'Fuchsia Flash'}

I wrote about this dress back in March here.  I bought tickets for a festival, only to find out shortly after Macklemore was no longer performing there and was super bummed.  So when I received my refund, I bought this dress to make me feel better.  I recently found out he's now performing elsewhere in Toronto and bought tickets, so now I'm a really happy girl because I have this dress and going to see my current favourite artist.  Clearly, me and this dress were meant to be.

So I've been waiting to wear this dress and my Mother's Day brunch was the perfect occasion.  I originally paired this dress with matching heels, but then these Topshop booties arrived...  Normally I would think of pairing these booties with skinny jeans or a floral dress, but wearing these gave this dress a more laid back vibe.  When I go back to work, I'll start wearing heels again but, for now, this Mama is taking a break.

How I originally styled this dress... in head to toe MBMJ/Marc Jacobs.



No comments:

Post a Comment